This one month program is intended to help reduce the toxic load you are currently putting on your body and at the same time rid your body of existing toxins already stored in your body.
This is a first phase program designed to help you transitition from a typical American diet to a more natural and organic one. Although there are more diet specific or stringent detoxification programs available. We have found this to be a very effective at helping people transition into a cleaner way of eating and creating lasting habits.
These detox instructions support the elimination of toxins and includes engaging in the following activities:
- Dietary Changes
- Daily exercise
- Proper amount of water intake
This program consists of four weeks of clearing your body of accumulated toxins from food, air, water, medications, cleaning products and personal products. Your goal this month is to eliminate processed foods and move toward an all organic, all natural diet.
How do you reduce your toxic load? You do this by doing the activities above but primarily by working toward an exclusively organic, all natural diet.
- As your toxic load is reduced you will feel better and a natural shedding of storage fat will begin. Again it is in the fat that toxins are stored.
- Although you do not need to actively count calories you should try to limit your consumption to no more than 2,500 calories per day.
- It is critical that you eat a 100% organic/natural foods so that you do not add any more toxins to your body.
- You must be passing at least one solid, easy to pass bowel movement per day. You must do this so that your body can begin efficiently eliminating toxins from the fat you burn in this program and any additional programs you may choose.
Things you may not have during this phase:
- Any dairy product (milk, butter, yogurt, kefir, cheese, ice cream, cottage cheese)
- Any wheat product (breads, pasta, cake, crackers, pretzels)
- Any refined sugar (white sugar, brown sugar, high fructose corn syrup)
- Non-organic fruits or vegetables
- Any animal product that is not organic (meat, poultry, eggs)
- Any alcohol product
- Avoid all prepared/processed foods and diet foods such as low-fat, non-fat or sugar-free foods. All are modified, synthesized and contain toxins.
- Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day with at least 10 grams of protein. i.e. two eggs have a total of 12 grams of protein.
- Snack of fruit, nuts or seeds.
- Lunch can be a large salad with lots of organic veggies and 10 grams of protein. i.e. 6 oz of white fish has 34 grams of protein.
- Snack again of fruit, nuts or seeds.
- Dinner should be your smallest meal with a different protein and vegetable.
Beverages include water, herbal tea, green tea and coffee. Avoid fruit juices as they are concentrated sugar. The juice of a lime or lemon is acceptable.
For food preparation the best oil to use is organic virgin coconut oil (raw coconut oil for smoothies). This helps stimulate metabolism, improve digestion and release fat cells. For a more neutral flavor use organic avocado oilfor cooking.
Use extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil on your salads and vegetables. Also, use raw organic apple cider vinegar on salads and in cooking to help release stored fat cells. When cooking, add hot peppers and cinnamon for added metabolism stimulation and blood sugar regulation.
If you need to use a sweetener, use only a small amount of stevia, raw organic honey, or pure maple syrup. Even when you finish this program, these are the only sweeteners you should use. Try to use sparingly and avoid all processed sugars.
Supplementation ensures that you are getting adequate calories and nutrients through the detoxification process.
- Vitamin D3
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Additional vitamins or minerals based on needs
Vegan Protein Shake – A Vegan Protein Shake serves as a protein source and helps aid in the detoxification process. Our products are certified organic or higher, sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan. It can be mixed with plain filtered water or you can make a shake using the recipe below:
- 2 scoops of Epic Protein Powder or Warrior Force Vanilla Protein
- 1 1/2 cups of organic coconut milk or almond milk (unsweetened and without the use of artificial sweeteners)
- 1 cup of frozen fruit of your choice (*banana and blueberries or mixed berries)
* Reminder: Use organic fresh or frozen fruits during this phase. Limit bananas to one per day if this is your fruit of choice.
HealthForce Healing Cleanse or CleanseSmart – to assist in elimination of toxins in your body.
Teas – 4 cups per day of organic tea. Do not use boiling hot water. When you boil water let it “rest” for one minute, then pour over tea or tea bag.
Green Tea Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Oolong, Yerba Mate and Black Tea Steep for 3-5 minutes
Additional Supplements based on your particular needs.
Cardio exercise increases your metabolic rate and supports all of your organs of elimination. A minimum of 30 minutes daily is mandatory. Walking for 30 minutes is an excellent way to achieve this goal.
Strength can be achieved through weight bearing exercises such as lifting weights, Pilates or yoga. You can use your own body weight as in pushups and lunges as well. You should try to do this along with your cardio 2-3 times per week.
- Eat three (3) meals and three (3) snacks daily. Be sure to eat at least 4 oz of protein at each meal and a vegetable.
- Make breakfast your biggest meal and be sure to eat plenty of protein in the morning. For example, eat two eggs, 6 oz. of chicken breast and fresh fruit.
- Move toward eating an all organic and natural diet. Organic is always the best option, but all-natural is a good alternative for some food items
- Avoid all farm-raised fish. Only eat wild caught fish.
- Eat only grass-fed, organic or pasture-fed meats.
- To stimulate your metabolism drink 4 cups of Yerba Mate, Oolong or Green Tea daily.
- Avoid fast foods and processed foods.
- Avoid sugar-free foods and artificial sweeteners. Stevia is the best natural sweetener
- Eat as many whole foods as possible. Meat, vegetables and fruits.
- Use coconut, olive and avocado oil for cooking and in dressings.
- Eliminate gluten grains (wheat, rye, barley) from your diet.
- Drink ½ -1 gallon of filtered water daily. Your teas and coffee count towards this total.
- Walk ½ -1 hour daily as this exercise stimulates your lymph system and aids the cleansing process.
- Transition to an organic, all natural lifestyle by incorporating organic and natural products for your personal care, such as deodorant, lotions and soaps, and household cleaning needs.
- Continue to take all supplements in program.
- Eat anything you like as long as it is organic. Keep your calorie count below 2,500 calories per day.