It’s a big day here in Atlanta with the SEC Championship looming this afternoon! We would be remiss if we didn’t give a shout out to Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs! GO DAWGS!
So on to the quinoa! With the holiday season in full swing it’s even more important to keep tasty and healthy snack options on hand! One of our hands down favorites is our “Holiday Quinoa”. This quinoa keeps great in the fridge and has a great balance of protein (quinoa), fats (avocado and olive oil) along with antioxidants from the cilantro and red bell pepper. By the way it’s Paleo, Gluten-free, Vegan and tastes AWESOME! (At least that what our friends tell us!)
- 4 cups of cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 ½ cups of chopped cilantro (about one bunch)
- 1 ½ cups of thinly sliced scallions (about 4)
- 1 cup of finely diced red bell peppper (about ½)
- 2 Tablespoons of red onion and cilantro infused olive oil (you can use regular olive oil instead)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice (Add another Tablespoon if you like it tangy!)
- 2 avocados peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste.
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and lime juice and stir again.
- Finally, add the avocados and toss gently to incorporate.
- *Garnish with fresh lime and cilantro sprigs!
Enjoy the game, the recipe and have a safe holiday season everyone!
Yours in health,
Donna and Daniela