We are sooo proud of you! We have heard so many great stories on feeling great and losing weight that it’s inspiring for us as well! A special shout-out to “Adam” at the Lake for his fine job at sticking to the detox and his added benefit of noticeable weight-loss. Keep it up!
We wanted to share a few more recipes with you today.
To start off the day or an afternoon snack try the Mango Sunrise Smoothie. With a little bit of coconut oil in the mix it will help keep you satiated without weighing you down.
Mango Sunrise Smoothie
- 1 cup slightly thawed frozen mango
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (juice of 1/2 a lime)
- 1/2 cup of water
Blend together until smooth.
For lunch or dinner try our Easy Asian Salad.
Easy Asian Salad
Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side salad
- 3 Tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of wheat-free tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 thinly slice scallions sliced on the bias
- 2 large carrots – peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups of kale – leaves only thinly sliced
Optional: Add 1 cup of thinly sliced cooked chicken, shrimp or *baked tofu.
- 14 oz package FIRM tofu drained (must be organic!)
- 2 Tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the tamari and avocado oil together.
- Drizzle dressing over the tofu season with coarse salt and pepper and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Arrange tofu on an oiled sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- Tofu can be kept refrigerated for 3-4 days after baking for an easy “add-in” for recipes.
Blend first five ingredients together in a bowl and then add scallions, carrots, kale and protein. Let everything marinate together for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Enjoy the day and keep up the great work! Only 19 days to go!
Love and Hugs,
Donna and Daniela