We hope your week has started off well! A handful of you were able to attend our Kid’s Healthy Lunch Demo today. As promised, here is the recipe to those fabulous crispy rice treats that remind us of the flavor of a Whatchamacallit Bar (Thanks Matt!). Unlike the original candy or “Rice Krispie” treats we grew up with, these are loaded with protein making them a great choice for a healthy kid’s lunch item.
4 cups of organic Crispy Rice Cereal
2/3 cup of Epic Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup of organic honey
1/2 cup of organic creamy or chunky nut butter (peanut or almond)
1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Take a 9×9 square pan or casserole dish and lightly grease with coconut oil or spray oil
- In a bowl toss the crispy rice and protein powder together (the protein powder will start to coat and stick to the rice cereal)
- Drizzle the honey over the coated cereal in a zig zag motion. Add the peanut butter and vanilla to the cereal in the same fashion.
- Immediately stir the ingredients together until thoroughly incorporated.
- Press FIRMLY into the pan or casserole dish. The mixture should press down to approximately 3/8″. Don’t be afraid of crushing a few crispy’s, this is critical to bind it together.
- Cover with lid or cling wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you have been looking for a healthy rice crispy treat you have found one. One that is made with all natural ingredients, is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian when you get right down to it! With 3 major raw ingredients (honey, protein powder and nut butter) it’s easy on your tummy too!
Yours in health,
Donna and Daniela