Hoping everyone had a fantastic weekend! Just wanting to pass on a quick recipe for you to try one night this week.
This is a veggie stir fry that cooks up fast. If you want to make it super easy you can find most of these ingredients already pre-cut at your local market. Again organic and fresh are best but if it’s not available don’t worry. Compared to the ingredients you would find at your local restaurant, you are still way ahead of the game. You can even find pre-cooked brown rice at Trader Joe’s for an ultra easy night in!
- 1 Tbs of organic cornstarch
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 yellow pepper cut into ½” pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into ½” pieces
- ½ cup of snow peas trimmed
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 8 oz of mushroom sliced
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil DO NOT USE OLIVE OIL!, divided
- 3 Tbs of water
- 6 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root, divided
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari sauce
- 8 green onions sliced thin on the bias
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, red and yellow pepper, and mushrooms tossing to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Stir in tamari sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt to taste, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Serve as is or over brown rice.
* You can toss pre-cooked chicken breast or tofu with this for a complete meal!